Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
The latest news and updates for our international agents. Please note that these stories are lifted from previous editions of the Agents Newsletter which is sent to international advisers across the globe.
New IFP subject route in Psychology
A new Psychology route has been added to our International Foundation Programme and is available for enrolment from September 2017.
The course is similar to the IFP in Health & Life Sciences, but in the case of the IFP in Psychology, two of the Chemistry modules have been replaced by ‘Fundamentals of Psychology’ and ‘Advanced English’. Students may also continue to progress to undergraduate study in Psychology via our IFP Business and IFP Health & Life Sciences routes, but these routes do not include the Psychology module.
Entry requirements for the IFP in Psychology:
- IELTS (Academic) for UKVI’ scores of 6.0 overall (with at least 6.0 in writing and at least 4.0 in all other scores)
- Year 12 High School qualifications or equivalent. Country-specific academic entry requirements can be found on our website.
New course: 20-week English for University Study
This new course is suitable for students with ‘IELTS (Academic) for UKVI’ scores of 5.0 overall (with at least 4.5 in writing and at least 4.0 in all other scores) who have offers for academic courses at Cardiff University with an IELTS 6.5 entry requirement from the Schools listed below. This new, longer course will mean that eligible students would not need to go home in June to apply for a new visa before starting a pre-sessional course.
The new 20-week programme is a full-time course which begins on 2 May 2017 and is organised as follows:
- Part 1 (weeks 1 to 6): students will follow our English for University Study Programme syllabus with progress testing in weeks 5 and 6.
- Part 2 (weeks 7 to 12): students will follow a 5-week intensive linguistic syllabus which ends with language testing in week 11. Students who do not pass the language test will be able to progress to Part 3 but will have the opportunity to resit the test at a later date. The test is followed by a Reading Week (a week without classes where students have time to complete an assignment)
- Part 3 (weeks 13 to 20): students will follow a pre-sessional syllabus and assessment.
Successful completion of this course will be accepted for academic courses with IELTS 6.5 entry by the following Cardiff University Schools:
- Computer Science & Informatics
- Earth and Ocean Sciences
- English, Communication & Philosophy
- Geography and Planning
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy
- Social Sciences
The course fee is £5450.
- Students enrolled on our current English for University Study (EfUS) programme: we will inform them of this new course and help them to apply if they are eligible/wish to do so. Due to UKVI regulations, these students would need to go home at Easter to apply for a new visa for the 20 week course.
- Students who have already applied for our EfUS programme May – June 2017: we will also inform these students of this new course and ask them if they would like to switch to the new course if they are eligible.
- This course is not suitable for Combined CASs because it is more than 3 months long (conditions for eligibility for a join CAS include an offer to study on a pre-sessional programme of 3 months or less). Students who successfully complete the 20-week programme will need to renew their visas in September.